Summer is my favorite time of the year by far. I love the hot weather and soaking up the sun. We are so lucky here in Northern Colorado to have an abundance of activities to keep us all entertained. Here are a few local events to fill your days with.
1. The French Nest Market: Once a month, check out some local artisans and enjoy the fresh air. We typically make a day of this and hit the farmer’s market first and then eat a yummy brunch at Snooze afterwords. Bring your stroller for the little ones (or just to hold all of the stuff you buy!)
2. The Farmer’s Market: We love waking up early on a Saturday and heading to Old Town Fort Collins for the farmer’s market. We get chocolate milk from Morning Fresh Dairy and snack on breads and pastries from local vendors while we get some of our grocery shopping done for the week. There is also live music.
3. Promenade Kids Days: Every other Tuesday head to the Promenade Shops at Centerra for kid friendly activities from 11-2. Each week features a different theme and this is a free event. We haven’t yet had a chance to check this out but it looks really fun!
4. Movies on Main: Friday nights, check out a free outdoor, family friendly movie. Pre-show starts at 7 and the movies start at approximately 9pm. There is free cotton candy and popcorn while supplies last.
5. Spring Canyon Splash Park: Nothing beats a water park on a hot day, except maybe a free water park! This is one of our favorite places to head for a few hours of fun in the summer sun. There are a variety of water features to play in for kids of all ages, as well as gym equipment and a sand box and water table. Bring a picnic lunch and an umbrella for shade.
6. The Holiday Twin Drive-In: See a double feature any night of the week in the fresh Colorado air. The Holiday Twin is one of only 6 drive-ins in Colorado and it’s right here in our own backyard. Pack up your truck or SUV with blankets and pillows or bring your most comfortable lawn chairs. This is a great way to see new movies with young children because you don’t have to worry about disturbing other theater goers too much.
7. New West Fest: Some big names in music are headed to Fort Collins this summer. August 10-12, Michael Franti, Alison Krauss and the Gypsy Kings will be performing free shows in Old Town Fort Collins along with 90+ local bands. While you’re there check out the Kid’s Music Adventure and try foods from local vendors.
8. The Travelling Storyteller: Weekdays at 11am you’ll find the travelling storyteller at a Loveland park. Here are the calendars for June and July. The library also offers fantastic indoor story times as well.
This is just a sampling of what’s going on in our community! What other fun activities are you planning with your family this summer? Please share any big ones that I’ve missed too!
Ready for REAL beautiful family photos? I thought so! Download my top tips now!
[…] bucket list today. Last year I shared some of my favorite summer activities in Northern Colorado in this post. While we’ll definitely hit up a lot of those again this year, there are few new thing […]